Churches & museums
Eppan has a wealth of churches with a long history behind them. Among the most well-known are:
- Gleif Church in St. Michael: On a hill above Eppan, at the end of the Kalvarienberg, a charming chapel overlooks the area: Gleif Church.
- Maria Rast Chapel in St. Michael: Some way outside the village centre, on a track of the same name, lies a pretty little chapel by the name of Maria Rast.
- St. Justina Church in St. Pauls: Above St. Pauls, on an idyllic path in the middle of the vine-covered slopes, lies St. Justina Church.
- Church of the Three Holy Kings: This church adorns the centre of Montiggl village.
- St. Nikolaus Church in Unterrain: Opposite Hungerhausen House, to the northwest directly by the road, we can see the church of Unterrain.
- Nothelfer Chapel in the area of Gaid: High above the Etsch Valley lies Nothelfer Chapel.
Around Eppan you will find a number of interesting museums, including:
MMM Firmian - Mountain Heritage
Here the mountain is brought closer to visitors in a creative form. Words such as "near", "far", "amazement" and "curiosity" capture the atmosphere of this place. The museum lies in Sigmundskron Castle and was opened in June 2006.
In Bozen you can also find
- the Museion (museum of modern art),
- the Museum of Nature, the Mercantile Museum
- and of course the South Tyrol Museum of Archaeology with "Ötzi", the man from the ice.
The School Museum and the Crib Museum can also be visited. In Kaltern you'll find the Museum of Wine and, a particularly good tip for families, the "Plattner Bienenhof Museum" (with a thatched roof).